5 Good Reasons to Buy a New Garage Door
Replacing your old garage door system can change the appearance of your garage and bring undeniable advantages to your home. According to an article published on Garaga website, there are 5 valuable reasons to replacing your old garage door:
- Increase the value of your home. Replacing an old garage door with a new stylish maintenance free door will do wonders for the value of your home. Many Real Estate agents will confirm that it is easier to sell your home when the garage looks good.
- Improve the appearance of your home. Some garage doors come in as many as 15 colors in a baked‑on paint finish, many different styles and a wide variety of windows, all of which can give your home a new look.
- Lower your heating and cooling bills with an R‑16 garage door. A properly insulated garage door can pay for itself over time by reducing your energy costs by keeping the heat out in the summer and the cold out in winters. This savings will occur when you have living quarters above the garage or when the garage is being used as a work shop.
- Reduce your maintenance time. Many metals doors are low maintenance when you choose a pre‑finished color. They require only mild soap and water for cleaning. So say goodbye to painting and scraping and hello to more leisure time.
- Protect items stored in your garage from the elements. Many people use their garage for storage. To protect those items from the damage caused by extreme heat and cold, choose an insulated door with a thermo barrier that prevents heat or cold from travelling from the outside surface to the inside surface. You can also combine this with a PVC weather‑strip with screw cover and double fin.
Never forget that buying a garage door is a long‑term investment. A new garage door increases the value of your home, the uses of the garage and reduces the risk of injury.